Here’s the second recipe from a good friend of mine. She found it here, and then made a couple adjustments. I’m sharing her version of PF Chang’s Green Beans. It makes a wonderful side dish. As a quick, easy and cheap meal, I’d suggest pairing with some brown rice and diced firm tofu.
Copycat PF Chang’s Spicy Green Beans
- 1-2 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped thinly
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1/4 C water
- In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, add oil; let heat over medium high heat for 30 seconds. Add garlic, green onions, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Stir fry quickly, for about 30 seconds. Add green beans and stir constantly until they are almost fully cooked, about 3 minutes (should turn deep green). Pour sauce into pan, stir, cook for 1 more minute.