As a Cancer Exercise Specialist with years of experience and education, I am trained to take into consideration your unique situation, including the type of cancer, surgical procedures, treatments, acute and chronic side effects, and exercise precautions and modifications.
In recent years, exercise has become part of the standard of care during the treatment, recovery, and survivorship of cancer patients. Unique and individualized exercise programming will help to improve your ability to cope with the mental stress and physical side effects following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Oncologists recommend an exercise program to help with improving or maintaining your strength and endurance before, during, and after most cancer treatments.
- Keep or improve physical abilities
- Improve balance to lower the risk of falls and broken bones
- Keep muscles from wasting due to inactivity
- Lower the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis
- Decrease the risk of future cancers
- Less dependency on others for help with daily activities
- Improve self-esteem
- Lower the risk of feeling anxious or depressed
- Lessen symptoms of fatigue and nausea
- Improve blood flow to the legs to lower the risk of blood clots
- Help control weight
- Improve quality of life
Your exercise programming will be tailored to your specific needs. One size does not fill all!
Together, we will:
- Prevent, identify, and manage lymphedema
- Increase range of motion
- Correct postural deviations and muscular imbalances
- Improve overall strength, flexibility, and balance
- Reduce pain and fatigue